POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lightsys IV question : Re: Lightsys IV question Server Time
27 Apr 2024 13:44:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightsys IV question
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 21 Jan 2007 06:54:30
Message: <45b35476$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> This is a question for Jaime! But anyone who has a smart answer.... :-)
>
> I am using Lightsys IV in one of my scenes to simulate outdoors sunlight. I
> remark that the shadows are cast by a point light sun. Is it possible to
> change that to an area light within Lightsys? I tried by adding the area
> light code and scaling that up, but I see no change.

   In my town street scene, I used an area light for the sun, and also
had trouble with it showing the effect... Finally I found that the area
size has to be *really* big for the default DomeSize of skylight.inc

   I just did a quick test, adding this area light statement to the sun
light on "demo_outdoor.pov":

   area_light 10000*x,10000*y,10,10 jitter adaptive 1 orient circular

   and it worked nicely (I tried first with 1000 units, but the area
didn't show).

   Hope this helps...

--
Jaime